Project Name: Feasibility Study on Economics, Engineering and Environment and Detailed Engineering Design of Laem Chabang Port - Basin 2
Consultant: ACT Consultants Co., Ltd.
Project Location within Country: Chonburi, Thailand
Name of Client: Port Authority of Thailand
Professional Staff Provided:
No. of Staff: 15
No. of Man-Months: 65.5
Start Date (Month/Year) 04/96 Completion Date (Month/Year): 03/97
Approximate Value of Services: US$ 3.93 M.
Name of associated firm(s), if any : Proportion :
- Pacific Consultants International 41.95 %
- Team Consulting Engineers Co., Ltd. 16.85 %
- Dorsch Consult Ingenieurgesellschaft mbH 5.39 %
Project Cost: US$ 220 M. (1 US$ = 40 Baht)
Detailed Narrative Descriptive of Project:
The objective of the project are as follows:
- Review previous studies regarding the Laem Chabang Port and the Eastern Seaboard and necessary field and laboratory investigations.
- Prepare a general layout plan of Laem Chabang Port Phase 2 and Master Plan, and also identify an appropriate first stage development of Phase 2 which will comprise of the annual containerized cargoes capacity of 600,000 TEUs/y at least.
- Prepare detailed engineering design for the first stage development of Laem Chabang Port Phase 2 including contract documents.
- Assist PAT in pre-qualification of contractors. In order to minimize pollution during both construction and operation, the Consultant shall prepare an Initial Environmental Examination (IEE) and Environment Impact Assessment (EIA) in accordance with the requirements of the Office of the National Environment Board.
Detailed Description of Actual Services provided:
Consulting services include review of relevant studies and reports; collection of existing data; topographic and bathymetric survey; geotechnical investigation; selection of quarry site; hydrographic; oceanographic and ecological surveys, mathematical model simulation, physical model simulation; simulation of the manoeuver of the largest ships expected, simulation of littoral drift; establishment of design criteria, preparation of general layout, alternatives studies of the major port elements such as breakwater, terminals, container berth, dredging and reclamation; preliminary design and report; detailed designs of port facilities and sturctures; drainage and flood control system; land use; port and marine facilities; transportation; buildings; utilities; material list; cost estimate; specifications; availability of local materials; final report; implementation program report, monitoring of ecological parameters; environmental impact settings; environmental impact prediction and assessment; development of Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA), preparation of Initial Environmental Examination (IEE).
Laem Chabang Port Phase 2 also identify an appropriate first stage development of Phase 2 which will comprise of the annual containerized cargoes capacity of 600,000 TEUs/y at least.